Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 The Year to make your mark in E-Commerce

Good bye 2008...and Hello 2009! Today is the day we can all sit back and review the past year and look forward to the bright shiny new year. It is also the time to make "resolutions" ...goals for what you hope to do or not do in the coming year. I too have my list of resolutions and I think you will find them useful to anyone who is trying to make it in the e-commerce world.

1. Streamline my Venue
I want to reduce down the items in my Bonanzle Booth to just music, biker items and Sci-Fi /fantasy items. This is going to take a little time, but by listing more and more vinyl records, patches, and Star Trek/Star Wars things, The item numbers will grow and I can cut the prices on the items that must go! With the vinyl records and biker patches...I have found my niche. Now in order to do this, it brings me to ....

2. Expanding to other venues
Many people say you must sell on more than one venue. Now I have tried this in the past, and success is limited. I think thats becuase I have a bad habit of throwing myself into one site and neglecting the others. So I now am going to really explore what will be best for the Renagade. Not sure how I will handle it, whether I open another booth, or try out someplace new. Any suggestions? I will probably use it for all the things that don't fit into the Renagade's booth niche of Records, and such...which I will be pushing and that leads me to ....

3. Promote More!
Promotion is a very big key in trying to sell online. Will be trying to get the Renagade name out there more....without bugging the heck out of people! Which goes hand and hand with.....

4. Practice the 3 foot rule!
OK...this can be bugging people! The 3 foot rule is ANYONE who comes within 3 feet will KNOW I sell online and my name is Renagade! Word of mouth is the biggest advertisement of all and NO ONE can sell your things like YOU! Now this rule can be applied online too....which leads me to .....

5. Listen to what the Veterans of e-commerce say!
In and earlier posting I wrote about four great shows on the talkShoe network, Brainstorming Bonanzle, The Auctionwally Show, ebayandbeyond and Agents of Revenue. You really need to catch a live show and join in! How does the 3foot rule apply? Well call in! Ask questions and be sure to tell them you sell at _____!! If you are to chicken, they also have a live chat where you can throw you urls out and chat with others about what you sell!
The BEST part is you will LEARN so much from them! Walt, Mitzi, Dave, Scott and John are true pros! And that my friends is Number.....

6. Give Credit Where Credit is Due!
If the item is crafted by someone else...say so! If you are blogging or chatting in a forum and you post an idea that someone else told you about...say so! Give them the credit for it! You not only get a thanks for the mention...you may even gain a friend.....

Well this is long enough... I DO want to give credit to Bill Harding, Mark Dorsey and Bonanzle's Team for such a fine selling platform, to Dede aka Brighest Blessings for keeping me calm on more than one occasion, and to Auctionwally, Mitzi, Cliff aka thingsandotherstuff, Scott, John and Dave for teaching me so much in such a short time!

Love to all and Happy New Year!....Now What are YOUR Resolutions????

Later.........Next year........Renagade

1 comment:

Brightest Blessings said...

Well said Renagade! Glad to hear you are not removing music from your booth. Follow the top dogs around and you will learn so much! Happy New Year to you and yours! Be safe!