Thursday, January 14, 2010

Are You Talkin' to me? You Talkin' to ME?





The war of  words, fussin', feuding, B##$hing, moaning, grumbling, complaining, slamming, dogging, .......need I go on?

It is not the way to win friends, influence people, or make sales. 

I know, some of you say oh yes it is! My list of fans, followers go up.  I finally get the person to listen to what I have to say. etc.  Really? 
First of all yes, your friends list may go up with the drama lovers that have nothing else better to do than grab a bowl of popcorn  and watch the soap opera unfold.  But the ones that carry value you will lose.
Second, ARE the people you screaming at REALLY listening? Or are they just responding to your rant?

I have seen forum rants, arguements on facebook, and Twitter Wars. I have seen Sellers slamming a site because they don't like a change or the support team can't fix a glitch in 5.2 seconds.  I have seen Musicians and Celebrities scream and cuss out others.  I have witnessed customers slam sellers for not IMMEDIATELY responding to an email.  It ALL amounts to bad business, no matter what business you are in.
If you have a problem with someone, contact them directly,  if you have an issue with a site, contact support. And be a little patient in waiting for a response or a fix of an glitch. 
Remember, once your words are 'out there' for the world to see, they Can grow legs and run.....

MORE at : Are your words running around the internet?? ...And what ARE they telling people about you?

NOTE:  IF a large company like ATT, Verison, etc fail in the real world customer support - sometimes a little twitter rant helps :) - but please - stick the the facts and dont @#$@@!

5 comments:

BookCornerCafe said...

Well said and many people fail to think before they type.

the7thpwr said...

Well said. As always :)
Best Wishes for a happy and successful 2010, Jerry

Kat Barton said...

Love it! I am not even logged in yet, and I KNOW something has happened somewhere that cannot be good. I have seen a lot of this lately, and people really meed to think. We are professionals, or we are suppose to be. Just think before you type something.

Yeshuazgirl said...

yep yep and yep. :D wise people listen and observe more than speak. What you write truly does take on a life of it's own and more times than not will boomerang back to you one day.

It is true that you get back what you put out. That holds true 10 fold with careless words floating in cyber space.

Henrietta said...

Oh I don't think two cents will do it, maybe 5? I have reached a point with all the fussing that I simply avoid the forums. All the forums. Who needs misery and dwama?

People I care to listen to I can find, quite easily, like here.

Good post.
Thank you.